Nutrition Tip Tuesday
Here’s a little tid-bit on the small but mighty garlic!
Back-in-the-day garlic was called “the poor person’s antibiotic” because it was readily available, cheap, and could treat all the things.
Here are all the things:
Garlic as an antimicrobial
- garlic fights the nasty’s in the gut such as bacteria (the bad ones), candida, yeast, and worms (gross)
Garlic as an antibiotic
- for centuries is has been used to treat common cold and flu symptoms
- eliminates mucus
Garlic as an energy booster
- garlic increases the availability of insulin for better blood sugar regulation
Garlic as a detoxifier
- digestive cleanser, it fights toxic bacteria in the digestive tract – hiy-ya!
- cleanses the blood
- increases the body’s ability to flush toxins from the lymph
- lowers blood pressure
Garlic reduces your risk of cancer
- garlic fights bacteria, lowers blood pressure, increases the immune response, and aids in detoxification…. yeah, I’d say all of that helps!
Next time you have garlic breath, wear it like a badge of honor and breathe these garlicy tid-bits on anyone that will listen. Your aggressive breath might just save a life!