Nutrition Tip Tuesday
By eating fermented foods you are supporting your digestion aaand repopulating your microbiome with good bacteria. What does this mean? I am so glad you asked..
- increase in stomach acid to help break down foods – less gas, bloating, and indigestion yay!
- strengthens the good bacteria in the gut – fights pathogenic bacteria that can make you sick
- increases intestinal strength – leaky gut leads to all kinds of terrible like IBS, lowered immune system, inflammation, and autoimmune flare ups
- strengthens the immune system – Wahoo!
- replenishes gut flora – increases absorption of nutrients and fights toxins
- makes super awesome bowel movements – YAS
- reduces sugar cravings – yeasts and bad bacteria scream for sugar and by strengthening good bacteria in the gut you are shushing those sugar cray cravings
What are fermented foods?
- pickled vegetables
- grass-fed yoghurt
- beet kvass
A tip within a tip! Make sure your fermented foods are not pasteurized and be sure to have a variety since each has a different microbiota for the diversity of your gut!